Our front yard through the seasons

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I give you the moon!

Taking pictures of the moon are a challenge because you have to use manual mode to get the exposure correct. It is also easier to use manual focus to dial that in better. The other month I was surprised to see the moon out in the afternoon. I especially like the center picture that was taken about 4 in the afternoon. The top and bottom center pictures were taken tonight 3/31/09 and the remaining ones were taken in early February of this year. The nice thing about taking pictures when the moon is not full, is that at the border between light and dark, you can see the shadows from the moon craters and that adds to the picture.

4 comments:

  1. Those are really great pictures!! I love photography too, so I hope you share all your tips. I have a Rebel xsi with various lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Monique. I enjoy the pictures you take that I have seen on your blog. Here is what I used on the bottom picture of the moon: Aperture F13, exposure 1/20, ISO 100, manual focus, 150mm lens, no flash and a tripod with my Olympus E500.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bill this is the best soo far....these are my favorite.....keep up the good work..pam

    ReplyDelete