Our front yard through the seasons

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Bees




Amy and I were loading the trailer with trash to take to the dump. We had an old couch and love seat that had been sitting outside. First up was the love seat. As soon as we picked it up, a 5 foot chicken (Texas rat) snake came out and crawled back into the love seat. Amy was screaming as I assured her it was a harmless snake. I was able to pull it back out of the love seat and let it go off in the woods. Sorry I did not get a picture. Next up was the couch. I moved it to get a better angle at loading it since it was heavy. I then went to go around to the other end to move it and realised I was about a foot away from a colony of agitated bees on the end of the couch. So now we have been trying to evict the bees so I can get the couch loaded into the trailer. I tied the couch to the trailer so I could pull it into the yard for better access to where the bees are. Working at dusk and dawn, I have been exposing the hive with the use of an axe and sledge hammer. Hopefully I can get the bees to leave on their own but they have not gone anywhere yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment